Responsible planning and executing a variety of financial, operational and SOX audits and special projects.
LKQ Corporate Audit Overview
Corporate Audit’s (“CA”) mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and support designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations and internal controls. In addition, CA provides assurance to the Audit Committee that management is appropriately mitigating risk. CA fulfils this mission through owning the company-wide risk assessment process, planning and executing strategic projects that directly relate to these risks, performing location audits that are also risk-based, supporting management in scoping and testing controls for SOX and performing investigations over certain hotline or fraud matters.
The Corporate Audit Department is organized regionally for financial and operational projects with offices in Chicago, Nashville, Wembley, Tamworth and Milan. CA has a global team based in Chicago for IT-related projects. The department has grown from 13 team members to 25 in just over a year, and the mix of projects has shifted from compliance to strategic. CA values innovation, collaboration and creativity in its team members, and the department aspires to be an importer and exporter of talent to and from the broader organization. The following summarizes our current allocation of projects and provides a sample of strategic projects on the plan.
- Spend roughly 25% on operational audits, 25% on location audits, 40% SOX (including IT) and 10% on compliance investigations
- U.S. team participates in some international projects in Europe (Italy post acquisition audit) and India (SSC review)
A sample of operational projects on the schedule this year include: –
- Salvage business profitability
- Cost reduction project implementation
- Sales-operations split
- Accounts receivable centralization
- People strategy
- Core process
- Driver safety review
- Duplicate payments review
Corporate Audit Senior reporting to Corporate Audit Manager
Job Summary: Responsible planning and executing a variety of financial, operational and SOX audits and special projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead a team in performing financial, operational and SOX audits according to the annual risk assessment and audit plan. Coordinate testing for SOX with external auditors.
- Keep abreast of changes in audit and accounting professional standards and recommend modifications to strategies and annual plan as necessary.
- Prepare objective, accurate and factual audit reports for managers, executive management and the audit committee.
- Monitor management's achievement of committed action plans from prior audits to ensure identified issues were appropriately and completely addressed.
- Assist external auditors in performing audit procedures as requested.
- Develop audit programs by determining the audit objectives, procedures and internal controls required to ensure that Company policies and procedures are operating as management intends.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Domestic and international travel from c30-40%
- Assist in the training and supervision of less experienced auditors in planning and completing their regular work assignments.
- As required: Review audit reports and work papers prepared by less experienced auditors to ensure adequate documentation supports the audit conclusions and to determine whether recommendations to improve internal controls are effective and reasonable.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance and 3 or more years in public accounting, preferably Big 4/ top 10.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management. Experience supervising staff on audits, evaluating performance, and managing multiple projects.
- SOFTWARE: Microsoft Office and ACL.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to travel c30-40%.
- 3 – 5 year of post qualification experience [Internal Audit/ Sox], preferably Big 4/ top 20.
- ACCA, ICAS, ACA, CPA, CIA, or CISA certification